Tuesday, July 17, 2007

still house-wifing

I cleaned today. I know, exciting. I was stunned at how bored I became. I despise cleaning. Getting the gunk around the drains and waters spots on the faucet. All so mundane. I had to sit and take breaks. Not from exhaustion, but from boredom. A change of scenery was necessary. I'm in the kitchen. I could just spit at those water spots mocking me. I scrub them away. The sink dries. Then water spots all over. Vicious cycles.

Living in a new city is what I thought it would be. Different. I don't know what is around the corner. I know how to get to the nearest Target. That makes me feel at home. I know once a job is there I will be fine. For now I tool away each day. Tasks manage my boredom. I want to experience the city. I'll wait though. I would rather do that with Antwann. Memories are always better when they are shared. Someone to say with you, "I was there it happened." Maybe it's because I don't trust my own memories. I bet I will think about that for 1/2 an hour before I go to bed tonight.

No comments: